Cost Estimator / Scheduler
- Prepare cost estimates and schedules for industrial clients (Refinery, Chemical, Etc)
- Must be able to transfer events into a sequential work schedule using software with minor direction.
- Must be able to input data into appropriate software accurately and perform analysis for cost estimates.
- Collaborate with others to identify schedules, activities, logic, duration and sequences
- Must be able to gather information and perform and maintain cost trend reports.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both in written format and verbally.
- Must be able to identify change, scope and quanity variances..etc.
- Must be able to communicate project information to project managers, schedulers, estimators, discipline leads, clients, and construction representatives.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office software, especially MS Excel.
- Computer programs: Icarus, Primavera, Microsoft Project.
- Must be able to work in a matrix structure and in a multi discipline (project ) team environment.
- Proficient in providing strong customer service to clients is essential
Cost Estimator / Scheduler
- Works with other project team members, or senior staff personnel, to translate events into a sequential work schedule.
- Works with the Project Manager, Project Engineer, and or Discipline Leads to determine status of assigned projects.
- Inputs description, quantities, unit rate (material and project hours) and performs extensions for total cost estimates, utilizing computer software programs such as Icarus, Excel, etc.
- Prints, reviews, assembles, and compiles estimates and prepares designated portions of budgets as directed by senior personnel.
- Gathers information and performs the setup and maintenance of Cost Trend Reports, utilizing computer software. .
- Collaborates with engineering disciplines leads in identifying schedule activities, logic, durations, and sequence.
- Develops both manual and computerized schedules.
- Updates the status of and maintains schedule weekly or as requested by the Project Manager.
- Prepares schedule extracts from updated schedules.
- Performs schedule analysis to identify changes, backlog, etc.
- Assists other department personnel in the development and verification of project control documents and status reports.
- Uses computer programs such as Primavera, Sure Track, and or Microsoft Project, and Windows based office software to complete assignments.
- Effectively communicates project information, both in written and verbal format to other planners, schedulers, and cost estimators within the discipline.
- Uses effective communication systems to communicate and coordinate project related information with other C&I personnel, clients, vendors, etc.
- Gathers information and performs setup and maintenance of cost trend reports utilizing computer software programs.