Position Location Is located in Louisville, KY
- Civil Engineering Degree (ABET) with a course emphasis in Structural Engineering. Advanced degree (Masters or Ph.D.) is preferred but not required.
- This position receives technical guidance and administrative direction from the Chief Civil/Structural Engineer.
- Knowledgeable in structural steel, reinforced concrete and foundation design.
- PE or SE registration, Committed to continuing education and self-development.
- Knowledgeable of Seismic Design and requirements of ASCE-7.
- Professional presence and able to work with clients and vendors to resolve issues.
- Successful working in multi-discipline team environment.
- Develops designs for complex structures, foundations, buildings and site work by performing a variety of design and engineering tasks on project(s) under the supervision of a Project Manager or Project Engineer.
- Windows based office software, structural engineering software such as STAAD.
- Experienced working in a 3D environment.
- Industries served include refineries, chemical plants, utility plants, and pharmaceutical processing facilities.
- Prepares complete design packages for multi-discipline projects that meet project goals.
- Prepares calculation and performs detailed analysis.
- Prepares written documents such as specifications, reports, etc.
- Prepares capital cost estimate input from conceptual design using project Scope of Work.
- Analyzes assignments with respect to project goals and selects best design option.
- Verifies accuracy of capital cost estimates.
- Estimates design effort hours based on concepts and/or capital cost estimates.
- Contacts clients independently to obtain information or resolve design issues.
- Identifies and presents project-level alternatives to multi-discipline design issues. Initiates discussion within the project team to arrive at design solutions that give the best value for a limited constructed cost.
- Identifies work opportunities with existing clients.