- Proficient in Microstation or AutoCAD
- 6 years experience in design as a structural designer.
- Must be able to prepare structural steel and reinforced concrete design drawings.
- Piperacks & pipe supports, pump foundations, heat exchanger foundations, platforms, vessel foundations & containment slabs.
- Experience working in a 3D environment.
- Civil / Site experience preparing site drawings.
- Experience performing design work in existing plants.
- Prepares drawings using Engineering Scope of Work and/or information gathered from client, Project Manager, Project Engineer, Discipline Lead and other disciplines.
- Travels independently to gather field information for project team.
- Identifies design alternatives and their relative costs.
- Prepares material take-offs and compiles material summary sheets from conceptual design.
- Determines what drawings are needed from other departments for coordination purposes and obtains those drawings. Understands design authority of all engineering departments.
- Provides timely comments on coordination documents as requested by others.
- Takes notes to document discipline-specific issues, decisions and needs on projects.
- Checks own designs for completeness with project documents. Checks drafting to meet client and C&I standards.
- Interacts with C&I’s Clients to resolve design issues.
- Completes basic material requisition (MR) forms for commodity items.
- Uses standard vendor documents to check dimensions, determine interface points, determine physical space requirements, etc.
- Uses C&I’s Engineering and Project Procedures. Is aware of client standards, how to locate the current versions, and apply them.
- Applies department-specific technical specifications to design activities.
- Develops CAD symbols to be included in C&I CAD Standards.