Position is located in Houston, TX
• BS or MS degree(s) in Chemical Engineering from ABIT accredited school.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in refinery, chemical, or industrial industries for new and retrofit projects.
• TEXAS PE is Required.
• Proficient in flowsheet simulation (PRO/II, HYSYS, or AspenPlus).
• Refinery design experience is required.
• Solid technical writing skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Outgoing personality, desire to assist C&I business development.
• Prepares complete design packages for multi-discipline projects that meet project goals.
• Prepares designs and equipment specifications using Engineering Scope of Work and/or information gathered from client, Project Manager, Project Engineer, and other disciplines.
• Prepares calculations and performs detailed analysis.
• Prepares written documents such as specifications, reports, etc.
• Takes notes to document discipline-specific issues, decisions and needs on projects. Documents all phone calls, field trips, meetings attended, etc.
• Uses process simulation software to simulate complex process systems.
• Prepares capital cost estimate input from conceptual design using project Scope of Work.
• Analyzes assignments with respect to project goals and selects best design option.
• Verifies accuracy of capital cost estimates.
• Plans field trips and coordinates with Plant Operations, Maintenance and Engineering to gather field information for project team.
• Estimates design effort hours based on project scope of work.
• Field verifies own designs.
• Contacts clients independently to obtain information or resolve design issues.
• Represents discipline on assigned project teams as the Discipline Lead for moderately difficult projects.
• Creates plan of execution identifying the sequence of tasks, dependencies of information from others, staffing requirements and skill levels for discipline’s scope of work.
• Works within project team to integrate discipline plan into a multi-discipline project plan of execution. Monitors and reports progress against plan.
• Informs Project Management of pertinent issues and trends.
• Routinely delegates tasks to others and monitors work for quality and schedule.