Electrical Engineer / Power & Controls Department
- Eight or more years experience in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in design of industrial power distribution systms, including equipment specification, protection schemes, load analysis, fault and coordination studies.
- Experience in chemical, industrial or refinery industries for new and retrofit projects
- Experience using ETAP, SKM or similar modeling software
- Prepares calculations and performs preliminary analysis under the supervision of the responsible discipline engineer.
- Prepares written documents such as specifications, reports, meeting notes, etc. under the supervision of a more senior engineer.
- Design and document electrical, instrument or control systems or a combination thereof under the supervision of a more senior engineer.
- Identifies design alternatives and their relative costs.
- Prepares drawings and design sketches from directions given by a more senior designer or engineer either verbally or in writing, using C&I CAD Standards.
- Estimates task effort hours for moderately complex assigned tasks from project deliverables list.
- Identifies and obtains information needed from other departments for coordination purposes. Understands design authority of all engineering departments.
- Plans field trips and travels independently to gather field information for project team.
- Interacts with C&I’s Clients to resolve design issues.
- Completes basic material requisition (MR) forms.
- Uses standard vendor documents to check dimensions, determine interface points, determine physical space requirements, etc.
- Uses C&I’s Engineering and Project Procedures. Is aware of client standards, how to locate the current versions, and apply them.
- Applies department-specific technical specifications to design activities.
- Prepares material take-offs and compiles material summary sheets.
- Works within engineering schedules and budgets to meet project objectives.